- Sport For Life Information Brochure for 2023 - 2024 (program information, fees, field trip information)
- Sport for Life Information Video (FAQs)
- See information regarding our registration timeline by visiting the Virtual Information/Open House section of the website.
- Information on how to register can be found at the bottom of this page.
About Sport for Life
The mission of the Sport for Life Program is to provide students exposure to a variety of sport and recreation activities in a Catholic environment with a focus on creating life-long active and healthy lifestyles. Students will have the benefit of building athletic skills, along with leadership qualities in a faith-filled setting.
The program is based on the Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L) model, which is a movement to improve the quality of sport and physical activity in Canada through improved athlete training and better integration between all stakeholders in the sport system, including sport organizations, education, recreation and health
The program will be based on the following curricula:
- Physical Education
- Career and Technology Foundations
Topics of Study
- Sports Leadership
- Health and Nutrition
- Sports Psychology
- Training Principles
- Performance Evaluation
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Careers
- Personal Development
Open to Grades 5- 8
- Students receive instruction of core subjects: Mathematics, Science, Social, Language Arts, and Religion.
- Students in grade 5 & 6 enrolled in SFL have no additional option selections.
- French Immersion students choosing to take the program will have no other options available to them (Immersion students have additional language courses in their schedule).
- Students in the English-stream take 1 additional CTF option course in grade 7 & 8.
- All classes will be supervised by certified teachers.
- For specialty sports, certified instructors will be employed to ensure correct training and implementation.
- Based on Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L) and Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD), a developmental pathway whereby athletes follow optimal training, competition, and recovery regimens
For more information on the upcoming trips for you child's SFL class, please see the OLPH Sport for Life website (information on this link is for families already enrolled in the program. For information on fees, program information, and/or potential field trips please see the program brochure listed at the top of this page).