2021 - 2022 School Year
As we are optimistic that we will be able to offer some form of the Sport For Life (SFL) and Performing Arts (PA) programs during the 2021-2022 school year, we will be are opening registered at our Open House/Information Night on April 23 at 6:30 pm.
The registration process is done through PowerSchool.
- To register, log into your parent PowerSchool account and click on your student’s name. Choose your program by clicking on the PA/SFL logo and complete the registration form. The $200 deposit must be paid online in order for your registration to be completed and submitted to the school. The deadline for registration is May 7 2021 and in order to effectively plan/timetable for the coming year, we will be unable to accept late registrations.
- If you do not have access to PowerSchool because you are new to the district, you can email a hard copy of the registration form to the school email@example.com.
- If you experience any technical difficulties while trying to register, please email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to contact you within 48 business hours.
We know at this time, you may have many questions regarding how COVID-19 may affect these programs in the 2021-2022 school year. As with many things over the past year, our plan moving forward must be flexible. Both programs will follow rules and regulations developed in collaboration with EICS and guided by protocols set out by the Alberta Government. Should there be restrictions in place that limit activities, therefore reducing the costs, fees will be adjusted accordingly as we proceed through the school year. More specific information about program details will be shared with families at the start of the 2021-2022 school year when we have the most up-to-date information.
It is important to note that voluntary withdrawal from the program after June 14 will result in a loss of the $200 deposit.
About Performing Arts
The Performing Arts have the power to engage students in a dynamic educational experience, where they can uncover and explore their God-given talents. The arts allow for students to develop creativity, ingenuity, empathy, and innovation, which are the keys to success in today’s complex, changing world. Students will have an in-depth experience through:
- Movement and Dance
- Supplemental classes in Media and Set Design
Students will work towards a culminating project(s), such as a Broadway Musical.
A Performing Arts teacher will be present and teach classes, however, whenever possible, professionals in the arts will be employed to conduct workshops with the students.
- Introductory Retreat
- Vocal Production
- Working with Mics
- Theatre Makeup
- Set Design
- Special Costuming
- Prop creation
- Professional Instructors in specialist areas
- Music Appreciation